This video will show you how to create a new catalog, build smart previews, and prepare your catalog for upload to the Prime Edits app.
Prefer written directions? Scroll down to follow a step by step guide with text and images.
Take these steps to prepare a Lightroom Catalog for upload to Prime Edits:
1. Create a new catalog in Lightroom by going to File > New Catalog.
2. Import your images into Lightroom.
*Do not do this directly from your SD or CF card.
*First, load your RAW files onto your computer and then import into Lightroom. This will make sure you are able to locate your images later.
3. Select all the images. You can press Command + a (mac) or Control + a (pc).
4. Navigate to Library > Previews > Build Smart Previews.
5. Allow Lightroom to build the Smart Previews entirely before quitting Lightroom or uploading to the Prime Edits app.
6. Once you have allowed Lightroom to build the Smart Previews you'll be ready to upload the catalog to Prime Edits.
If you are wanting to export a catalog from a large catalog, follow these steps:
Step 1: Select the files you want to send to Prime Edits
Step 2: Navigate to File > Export as Catalog...
Step 3: Name your catalog, select the export destination, select "Build and Include Smart Previews"
Step 4: Click "Export Catalog"